Responsible for answering incoming calls and providing quality customer service to existing and prospective Bank customers. This individual works under general supervision and is responsible for completing assigned functions efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner, and for ensuring that customer service expectations are met or exceeded.
Essential Job Functions:
• Process online banking requests (such as password resets and putting an existing account online) in a timely and efficient manner.
• Process orders for new checks and Visa Debit cards maintenance requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Process Unauthorized ACH returns, Stop Payment and Hold requests, and Transfer Item setup requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Establish Cash Links and Fax information upon customer request.
• Answer all incoming calls according to the script/procedures established for the bank.
• Call customers to confirm receipt of check orders according to the script/procedure established for the bank.
• Answer basic customer inquiries regarding CDs, IRAs and Loan balances/payoff according to the script/procedures established for the position.
• Provides service to customers and prospective customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner with good phone etiquette when both calling customers and fielding incoming customer calls.
• Ensures that departmental production goals, service standards and cooperation ratings are met or exceeded.
• Ensures accurate and complete follow-through on all customer requests.
• Attend regular scheduled meetings for training purposes.
• Ensure that all negotiable and confidential records in work area are secure daily.
• Thorough knowledge of First Liberty National Bank products and services.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the industry in terms of laws and regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act, relative to job responsibilities.
• Current knowledge of security procedures including fraud prevention
• Current knowledge of Office hours, services, and staffing
• Participates actively in company and community activities
• Committed to increasing job knowledge and expanding personal capacity by participating in continuing education related to field of expertise.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of any employee(s).
Education & Job Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equal certificate.
• Possess 1 – 3 years’ experience in customer service
• Position demand an outgoing and pleasant personality in dealing with customers.
• Possess the ability to speak fluent Spanish
• Must have some knowledgeable in the areas of customer service activities and terminology.
• Must have some knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank policies.
• Possess good customer service skills
• Must possess effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Possess problem solving skills.
• Able to work independently with minimum directions.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Multi-lingual capabilities to include Spanish are a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Travel – as needed.
• Office working conditions
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Is to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. First Liberty National Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
EEO/AAP Policy Statement:
First Liberty National Bank provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals’ regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Physical Work Environment:
The incumbent is in a non-confined office type setting in which they are free to move about at will as needed.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, typewriter, computer terminal, and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, verbal communication, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and interruptions.