Will be responsible for processing teller and new account transactions; (consumer and small business) as well as offer financial services; promoting the Bank's products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and cross-selling products and services. Actively engaged in branch banking transactions; helps to ensure provision of high-level quality customer service to bank customers; and performs branch procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance with operational and security policies
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Greets clients as they enter branch
• Helps to maintain excellent customer service by responding to customer inquiries and endeavoring to resolve customer issues in an efficient and timely manner.
• Open and closes new deposit accounts
• Process loan/credit request up to $10,000.00.
• Open all types of accounts; prepares documents accurately.
• Process account file maintenance changes upon request.
• Process orders for ATM/Debit cards, and check orders.
• Answers phone and handles inquires accordingly.
• Perform Teller duties; processes deposits, withdrawals, cash savings bonds,
• Manage cash accordingly - ensure cash limits are followed as assigned, balance and end of day balancing duties reports any and all discrepancies.
• Ensures items include proper endorsement for processing.
• Ensures items are viewed for Hold placement.
• Promotes the Bank’s products and services
• Assist in cash/vault/teller/ATM audits as needed.
• Handles Safe Deposit transactions; opens, closes and processes payments accordingly.
• Processes Night Depository and Mail transactions.
• Process and sorts incoming mail.
• Opens and/or closes branch.
• Travels as needed for lobby coverage.
• Follow established policies and procedures related to the Teller and New Account areas.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the industry in terms of laws and regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act, relative to job responsibilities.
• Adhere to all rules and regulations according to bank policy and procedure and federal/state regulations.
• Keeps up with current rules and regulations (i.e. Online Courses, Banker’s Online, Training Sessions, Branch Operations Informational as assigned and timely)
• Assist in daily inspection of branch premises to ensure security and safety of branch personnel, customers and bank assets.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of any employee(s).
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or equal certificate.
• At least 1 year experience in a Client Services Representative, New Account Representative, or Teller Position.
• Must be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of new accounts, teller, vault, safe deposit and customer service.
• Must have sound working knowledge of Branch Operations, account opening, paying and receiving transactions, regulatory compliance and internal policies and procedures.
• Must be able to make sound and timely decisions relative to accepted standards of customer service, work flows, and bank policies and procedures.
• Must be knowledgeable with all FLNB products and services.
• Possess good customer service skills.
• Possess problem solving skills.
• Able to work independently with minimum directions.
• Possess interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Multi-lingual capabilities to include Spanish are a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Travel – as needed.
• Office working conditions
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Is to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. First Liberty National Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
EEO/AAP Policy Statement:
First Liberty National Bank provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals’ regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting when working a lobby teller station or a drive-thru station arrangement where they are able to move about at will. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting up to 15-pounds, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, typewriter, computer terminal, and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, verbal communication, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and interruptions.