FIRST LIBERTY NATIONAL BANK has been a part of Liberty and the surrounding communities since 1913. The Bank was founded by Bert G. Riviere. It is said that he had a bad banking experience and stated, "I can do it better." With a $10,000 capital investment, he opened the doors of a new Bank named Liberty State Bank at 404 Main Street on June 13, 1913. Today, FLNB has grown to four locations in Liberty, Dayton, Hardin and Huffman, in addition to an Insurance Agency.
1925 — FLNB changed its name to The First Liberty National Bank.
1932 — FLNB moved into a new building at the corner of Main St. & Sam Houston Ave.
1950's — FLNB expanded its services to include savings accounts and certificate of deposits.
1961 — FLNB moved into its current building. For the first time, the new building also provided drive-thru windows for customer convenience.
1960's — FLNB was the first Bank to offer Trust Services in Liberty County.
1970's — FLNB expanded its services to include residential mortgages and long term home loans.
Late 1970's — FLNB added its walk-up ATM at 308 Travis Street.
1980's — FLNB added telephone banking which allows customers access to their information any time during the day or night.
1996 — the Bank added Investment Services giving an opportunity to handle trades in stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
1998 — FLNB opened its second location at 109 East US Hwy 90 in Dayton.
1999 — FLNB added Visa Debit Cards as one of its many products.
2000 — FLNB purchased Locke Insurance Agency and changed the name to FLNB Insurance Agency.
2001 — FLNB opened its FLNB On-Line Financial Center which provides twenty-four hour, seven days a week customer access to their financial information.
2002 — FLNB opened its first off-site ATM located at 2219 N. Main @ Jefferson Dr. in Liberty.
2005 — FLNB opened its second off-site ATM location at 11030 Hwy 146 North in Hardin.
2017 — FLNB opened its third location at 11030 Hwy 146 North in Hardin.
2017 — FLNB opened its fourth location at 24900 FM 2100 in Huffman.