Individual Retirement Accounts
Individual Retirement Account
- Our Individual Retirement Account (IRA) can be opened with as little as $100.00. You may add to this during the year to reach your maximum annual contribution of $3,000.00 or $3,500.00 for individuals 50 years and older if you have earned income of at least $3,000.00 or $3,500.00. These funds may be put into a Certificate of Deposit or an IRA Savings Plus account. Our IRA Certificates of Deposit have the same term and penalties, as do regular Certificates.
Spousal Individual Retirement Account
- A non-working spouse may also make annual contributions of $3,000.00 or $3,500.00 for individuals 50 years and older. These accounts are handled in the same manner as a regular Individual Retirement Account.
Simplified Employee Pension Plan (SEP-IRA's)
- This plan is offered to those who are self employed or who own a small business. This is a way for the employer to allow their employees (those who qualify) to save for their retirement.
Roth IRA Account
- The new Roth IRA Account is similar to the IRA Account except the contributions are not tax deductible, but the distributions can be tax free.
Coverdell Education Savings Account (CESA)
- The new CESA allows anyone even a company or non-profit organization to open or contribute up to $2,000.00 a year for each child under the age of 18 for the child's qualified education expense. The child's legal guardian or parent will retain control over the funds until the child attains legal age.
- We can help you rollover any portion of funds from a Qualified Retirement Plan (such as a plan with your employer) or from an existing I.R.A. at another financial institution, to an I.R.A. at First Liberty National Bank. When making a rollover from one institution to another, it is very important to make the transfer between institutions so that you do not incur a tax liability.
Qualified Pension Plans
- We provide several types of retirement plans for employer/employee investments. From the small business to the large corporation, we can help you find the right type of pension plan that will meet your needs. We can help establish your plan with a variety of investment options. All of the plans provided are in compliance and approved by the I.R.S.