FIRST LIBERTY NATIONAL BANK has been a part of Liberty and the surrounding communities since 1913. The Bank was founded by Bert G. Riviere who is alleged to have had a bad banking experience and said, "I can do it better and he did." With a $10,000 capital investment, he opened the doors of a new Bank called Liberty State Bank at 404 Main Street on June 13, 1913. The rest is history. The Bank has grown to three locations in Liberty and Dayton and now owns an Insurance Agency.
Over the years the Bank has gone through a number of address, product and service changes. Some of the more significant ones were:
- November 1925 - The Bank changed its name to The First Liberty National Bank.
- August 1932 - The Bank moved into a new building at the corner of Main St. & Sam Houston Ave.
- During the 1950's the Bank expanded its services to include savings accounts and certificate of deposits.
- September 1961 - the Bank moved into its current building. For the first time, the new building also provided drive-thru windows for customer convenience.
- During the 1960's the Bank was the first Bank to offer Trust Services in Liberty County.
- During the 1970's the Bank expanded its services to include residential mortgages and long term home loans.
- In the late 1970's the Bank added its walk-up ATM at 308 Travis Street.
- In the 1980's the Bank added telephone banking which allows customers access to their information any time during the day or night.
- In 1996 the Bank added Investment Services giving an opportunity to handle trades in stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
- In 1998 the Bank opened its second location at 109 East US Hwy 90 in Dayton. The new location was named The Dayton Financial Center.
- In 1999 The Bank added Visa Debit Cards as one of its many products.
- In 2000 the Bank purchased Locke Insurance Agency and changed the name to FLNB Insurance Agency.
- In 2001 the Bank opened its FLNB On-Line Financial Center which provides twenty-four hour, seven days a week customer access to their financial information.
- In 2002 the Bank opened its first off-site ATM located at 2219 N. Main @ Jefferson Dr. in Liberty.
- In 2005 the Bank opened its second off-site ATM location at 11030 Hwy 146 North in Hardin.
- During the last 92 years, First Liberty National bank has been expanding its products and services to meet your needs.